Monday, August 6, 2012

Introducing Alix, our Danish blogger

Tokyo... a city full of contrasts and similarities aaaaand above all >> lots of fun and strange things! 1 Day in Japan and I`m fully enjoying it already. Apart from that a 35million population shuts down all public transport, even to the airport after 7pm and so my getting to Nagasaki will be quite an adventure tonight..... ;)
I like adventures and I love travelling and experiencing new cultures! When I`m not travelling, I`m studying medicine in my fifth year at the University of Copenhagen aspiring for some great speciality.
IPPNW turned up two years ago, while I was searching on Google for a medical organisations that were more than "just" humanitarian and reading on Wikipedia about the organisation and its achievements in the issue of Nuclear Weapons and now also Small Arms was exactly what I wanted to be part of. Since then, I was participating at the last bike tour in 2010 through Germany, France and Switzerland, helped organizing a Congress on Violent Conflict and Health in Copenhagen and got European Student Representative of the student chapter of IPPNW.
The people, the travelling but most of all the goal has been motivating me a lot!

Now, if I get to Nagasaki tomorrow, I`m looking forward spending 2 weeks on bike for a cause that should bother everyone of us! :)

Alix

1 comment:

  1. It's funny that I get to know how you joined IPPNW on a blog for another bike tour in which I am not participating. LOL
    You guys have a great time and be sure to not leave out any detail please

    ReplyDelete