Saturday, August 18, 2012

Miyajimaguchi, we have arrived!

What's this? I don't recognize it. It isn't a tent and we don't need our sleeping mats!?  How lovely, we have beds for a couple of nights as we stay in Miyajimaguchi. We arrived before sunset in this town quite close to Hiroshima. The day started off quite well with a flat ride along the coast. Lunch consisted of our very own handmade onigiri at a lovely park famous for the bridge nearby. (Sorry, we can't gt a photo up quite yet.)

Now that we are stuffed with udon noodles, some folks are about to explore the town by foot. Tomorrow we will visit the floating shrine before meeting with student peace activists! I am quite excited for what is in store tomorrow.

Time is flying. So much has been shared with one another and I still feel like I could spend another year with my new peers to grow as an activists, health professional, and individual.

Cheers,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment